Through Sunday, July 23- let’s take a look!
Front Royal and Woodstock both won last night, and New Market, Winchester, and New Market all lost, making the race a little bit tighter. Let’s look at the teams individually:
- Purcellville- 4 games left- Covington, @Woodstock, New Market, @Winchester- clinched top two playoff spot, will clinch tie for first with one win or one NM loss. To win overall #1 seed, Cannons will have to win out and Tom Sox lose out.
- New Market- 4 games left- Winchester, @Purcellville, Woodstock, @Strasburg- still have a shot at winning the division, but it’s not likely. Two games in front of Winchester for #2 in the North. Tuesday’s night game with Winchester will be important for seeding!
- Winchester- 4 games left- Covington, @New Market, @Charlottesville, Purcellville- 2 games behind NM for #2, one win ahead of Strasburg for #4. A pretty tough last four games for the Royals, though…
- Strasburg- 5 games left- Harrisonburg, Covington, @Woodstock, @Front Royal, New Market- a half game behind Winchester, two games in front of FR for #4 spot. If records mean anything, Express will win at least 3 of their last 5 games, putting pressure on Royals.
- Front Royal- 3 games left- Staunton, @Woodstock, Strasburg- things will have to break right for the Cards, but it would be fun to have that last game mean something!
- Woodstock- 5 games left- @Charlottesville, Purcellville, Front Royal, Strasburg, @New Market- Bandits are 4 games out of last playoff spot with 5 games left. One loss OR one Strasburg win will mean the best the Bandits can do is a tie for the 4th spot.
- Charlottesville- 4 games left- Woodstock, @Harrisonburg, Winchester, Staunton- clinched 1st in South, one win OR one Purcellville loss will clinch the #1 overall seed for the entire league.
- Harrisonburg- 4 games left- @Strasburg, Charlottesville, @Staunton, Covington- 2 ahead of Waynesboro in the loss column, meaning the Turks control their own destiny for 2nd place. Tough-looking four games, though.
- Waynesboro- 2 games left- @Staunton, Covington- 2 losses behind the Turks, while 2 games ahead of Staunton. One win AND one Staunton loss will clinch at least 3rd place for the Generals.
- Staunton- 4 games left- @Front Royal, Waynesboro, Harrisonburg, @Charlottesville- 2 games behind Waynesboro. Braves will need the Generals to lose 1 of their their 2 remaining games, and win out to tie. If Generals lose both, and Staunton wins out, they will steal 3rd place.
- Covington- 5 games left- @Winchester, @Purcellville, @Strasburg, @Waynesboro, @Harrisonburg. Jacks are eliminated from the playoffs, and they have 5 road trips left. Brutal.