Things became much clearer last night. Several of the scenarios are gone now, so let’s take another look!
- Purcellville- 1 game left- @Winchester- clinched first place in North.
- New Market- 2 games left- Woodstock, @Strasburg- 2 games in front of Strasburg for #2 in the North. One win OR one Strasburg loss will clinch 2nd place outright, but if New Market loses two and Strasburg wins out, they will tie, and the Rebs hold the tiebreaker, so they are #2.
- Strasburg- 2 games left- @Front Royal, New Market. 1.5 games ahead of Winchester for 3rd seed. Even with two losses and a Winchester win, Express hold the tiebreaker, so they are #3.
- Winchester- 1 game left- Purcellville- can still tie Strasburg, but the Express hold the tiebreaker. Royals are #4.
- Front Royal- 1 game left- Strasburg- Eliminated from playoffs.
- Woodstock- 2 games left- Strasburg, @New Market- Eliminated from playoffs.
SO IT’S SET IN THE NORTH:
#4 Winchester at #1 Purcellville
#3 Strasburg at #2 New Market
- Charlottesville- 1 game left- Staunton- clinched 1st in South and overall #1 seed.
- Harrisonburg- 1 game left- Covington- with a huge come-from-behind win against Staunton last night, the Turks have clinched 2nd place.
- Waynesboro- regular season is finished- here’s the deal. If Staunton beats Tom Sox tonight, Generals and Braves will both be 20-22, and 3-3 against each other. But the Braves will be 3-3 vs. Charlottesville, and Waynesboro finished 2-4. Therefore, IF Staunton wins tonight, Braves will be #3 and Generals #4. If the Braves lose, Waynesboro will be #3 and Staunton #4.
- Staunton- 1 game left- @Charlottesville- see note under Waynesboro above. It all comes down to one game! Tonight, Staunton is playing to either play the Tom Sox or the Turks in the first round of the playoffs.
- Covington- 1 game left- @Harrisonburg. Jacks are eliminated from the playoffs.