45 innings were scheduled to be played last night…. and 8 of them actually happened. (That’s 18%.) Thank goodness for Harrisonburg’s turf field, or there wouldn’t be anything new to write about this morning!
- Purcellville at Front Royal- PPD
- Winchester at Strasburg- PPD
- Covington at Staunton- PPD
- Woodstock at New Market- PPD
- Waynesboro 12, Harrisonburg 5 (8 innings- ended early because…. of… rain)
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is pretty clearly Waynesboro’s Chase Cheek, from Duke, who went 4-5, with 3 runs, 2 RBIs, and 2 stolen bases. Chase is off to an excellent start this summer; he’s slashing 457/472/629 in 35 at-bats so far, with 5 stolen bases. Chase batted only 19 times for Duke this spring. Chase looks very serious in his picture, doesn’t he?
Others of Note
- Gabe Montenegro, Waynesboro: 2-5, run, 2 RBIs, 2B
- Tyler Bielamowicz, Waynesboro: 2-5, 2 runs, RBI, BB, 3B
- Dalton Wingo, Waynesboro: 2-4, run, RBI, SB
- Andrew Orzel, Waynesboro: 2-3, 2 runs, 2B, 2 HBP, SB
- Caleb Walls, Harrisonburg: 2-4, 2 runs
- Zach Little, Harrisonburg: 2-4, run, RBI, 2B
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day is Waynesboro’s Patrick O’Shea, from St. Mary’s! Patrick threw 2 shutout innings against the Turks last night, allowing 0 hits, 1 walk, and striking out 4. He’s 1-0, 1.50, with 11 strikeouts in 6 innings pitched this summer. He pitched in 4 innings for the Gaels this spring.
- Strasburg at New Market, doubleheader, 5 PM, 7 PM (These games were originally scheduled to be played at Strasburg, but they will be at Rebel Park tonight)
- Charlottesville at Covington
- Staunton at Waynesboro
- Winchester at Purcellville
- Front Royal at Woodstock