So the New Market Rebels won their 13th game in a row and hoisted the Jim Lineweaver Trophy last night.
Does this mean that ATVL is done until next June? Of course not. This is a 365-days a year endeavor.
Over the next 10 months, I will be covering at least the following:
- A list of the top hitters, starting pitchers, and relievers in the 2018 VBL season (spoiler alert- Andrew Eyster will be on the top hitter list). I will post on each player one by one, starting at the “bottom.” The starting pitcher list will look a little different this year, by the way.
- For the very first time, ATVL’s Top Prospects list. Baseball America and Perfect Game do a list, but this offseason will include a third.
- Park factors across the league (this one is close to being ready)
- Minor league news (New York-Penn League All-Stars were just announced. Do you know which former VBLers made the list? ATVL does…)
- Major league news (Debuts, important home runs, where Erik Kratz ends up, etc)
- Professional players of the year at each level of affiliated ball (Rookie ball, Low-A, High-A, Double-A…and so on.)
- When the college season starts up again, I will be watching alumni to see who performs well during the college season in the spring
- Top prospect lists (Like Nate Pearson (Staunton 2016) on the Toronto Blue Jay’s list)
- Record books. Major leagues, minor leagues, and Valley League… lists that ATVL has been working on quite literally for years
- And anything else that comes up. (Feel free to drop me a line, by the way, if you, Dear Reader, know of something)
So while we’ve finished one chapter, another one begins!