Ok, let’s see if we can cover everything here.
- The league has added another day to the regular season. The season will end on Saturday, with the playoffs starting on Sunday.
- The delayed game between Woodstock and New Market has been declared a final (Woodstock was winning the game when the skies opened). The game, however, has not been finalized (hopefully will be tonight), so the standings do not reflect that just yet.
- Several games have been rescheduled already, with a few more to go. Make sure you check the league website, which should have the new dates available before anywhere else. (The Purcellville at Covington game will be on Saturday at 7 p.m. That is not changed on the league website yet due to the current status of the game.)
Now for the games from yesterday:
- Purcellville at Front Royal- PPD
- Waynesboro 10, Charlottesville 4
- Woodstock 6, Winchester 0
- Strasburg 5, New Market 4- Brandon Henson hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 9th
- Covington 7, Staunton 4
Hitter of the Day
Our hitter of the day is New Market’s Pedro Castellano, from Central Florida. Pedro went 3-4, with two runs, two doubles, a home run, and an RBI. He’s now hitting 288/387/587 in 104 at-bats this summer, with five doubles, a triple, eight home runs, and 21 RBIs. He was also hitter of the day back on June 29th, after a 3-3 night and a home run.
Others of Note
- Austin Mueller, Charlottesville: 1-2, 2 runs, RBI, 2 BB, 2B
- Jack Murphy, Waynesboro: 2-4, 3 runs, RBI, BB
- Wes Clarke, Waynesboro: 3-5, 3 runs, 2B, HR, 3 RBIs
- Jackson Tate, Waynesboro: 1-1, run, RBI, 2 BB, 2B, SB
- Gunner Peterson, Waynesboro: 2-4, 3 RBIs
- Austin Bates, Woodstock: 2-3, 2 runs, 2 RBIs, HR
- Caleb Ward, Woodstock: 2-3, run, BB, 2 2B
- Nicolas Nolan, New Market: 2-4, run, BB
- Garrett Evans, Strasburg: 3-4, run, 2B, HBP
- Tyler Johnson, Strasburg: 0-2, 3 BB
- Austin Garafolo, Strasburg: 2-3, run, 3 RBIs, BB, HR
- Tyler Sanfilippo, Covington: 2-4, 2 runs, RBI, BB
- Jonathan Barditch, Covington: 2-3, run, BB, 2 SB
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day, barely, is Woodstock’s Tristen Bayless, from Houston. Bayless had the best game score after throwing five shutout innings against the Winchester Royals, with only two hits, one walk, and seven strikeouts. Bayless has been lights out this summer, going 3-2, 1.92, with 50 strikeouts in only 32 2/3 innings pitched for the Bandits.
Others of Note
- Jacob Haney, Charlottesville: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K’s
- Ryan Andrzejczyk, Waynesboro: 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K’s, win- a very close second to Bayless (And welcome back, Ryan)
- Mark Timmins, Winchester: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K’s
- Dylan Oliver, Strasburg: 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K’s
- Cauy Williams, Covington: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K’s, win
- Strasburg at Staunton (11 a.m.)- Yikes!
- Winchester at Purcellville (7 p.m.)
- Front Royal at Strasburg (7 p.m.)
- Charlottesville at Covington (7 p.m.)
- Waynesboro at Harrisonburg (7:30 p.m.)
- Woodstock at New Market (7:30 p.m.)