Happy Saturday! Today, let’s take a quick look at some of the best performances by former Valley Leaguers in yesterday’s Division-I games:
- Dayton’s Hunter Wolfe (Strasburg 2017) spun six shutout innings against Oakland, allowing six hits, three walks, and striking out eight.
- Riley Davis (Covington 2019) threw six shutout innings himself for UAB against Kennesaw State. He gave up four hits, walked five, and struck out two.
- Joe Kinker (Waynesboro 2019) went a ridiculous 5-5, all singles, with a run scored and four RBIs in FGCU’s 8-0 rout of Florida Atlantic. He’s hitting .452/.553/.613 after nine games and 31 at-bats, with two doubles, a home run, five runs, and nine RBIs.
- Keiji Parkhurst (New Market 2019), playing first base for Gardner-Webb, went 3-5, with a double, home run, two runs, and three RBIs in a 6-2 win over Campbell.
- Old Dominion’s Kyle Battle (Charlottesville 2017) “only” went 1-5, but the one was a bottom-of-the-ninth two-run bomb to walk off against Northeastern.
- Luke Robinson (Waynesboro 2017, Winchester 2018) hit two doubles for Western Carolina, finishing the game 3-4, with two runs scored in the squad’s 7-4 loss.
- Toledo’s John Servello (Winchester 2019) went 3-4 with a double and run scored against Samford.
- East Tennessee State’s Ethan Cady (Wayneboro 2019) had a monster game against Eastern Kentucky, going 2-6 with two runs, a double, home run, and six RBIs. He hit a 3-run homer in the 3rd inning and a bases-loaded double in the 6th to lead his team to a 7-6 win.
- Christian Edwards (Waynesboro 2019), one of the best arms in the Valley in 2019, threw 5 2/3 shutout innings for Jacksonville State against Southern Mississippi, allowing two hits, two walks, and striking out eight. Edwards now have 16 K’s in 14 innings so far in 2021.