On Saturday, I posted about the two top draft-eligible pitchers according to d1baseball.com- Hunter Gregory and Hunter Wolfe.
Today I delved into the website’s complementary article about hitters, thinking that there would be maybe one or two. Well, I was very wrong- there are six!
The article, also written by David Seifert, uses an unknown formula focusing on plate discipline, hit ability, and game power, and adjusting for park and schedule.
The six (stats through Friday, April 16):
- #4- Spencer Packard, Campbell (Front Royal 2018): .393/.533/.697 in 89 at-bats, with 24 runs scored, nine doubles, six home runs, 34 RBIs, and an incredible 23/10 BB/K ratio
- #13- Wes Clarke, South Carolina (Waynesboro 2019): .283/.439/.708 in 113 at-bats, 37 runs, three double, 15 home runs, 34 RBIs, 30/38 BB/K ratio
- #21- Kyle Battle, Old Dominion (Charlottesville 2017): .282/.448/.631 in 103 at-bats, with 34 runs, seven doubles, a triple, nine home runs, 31 RBIs, and an amazing 34/16 BB/K ratio
- #32- Connor Norby, East Carolina (Waynesboro 2019): .442/.482/.713 in 129 at-bats, with 31 runs, eight doubles, nine home runs, 31 RBIs, 11/18 BB/K ratio, eight stolen bases
- #67- Bennett Hostetler, North Dakota State (Covington 2018): .349/.504/.557 in 106 at-bats, with 24 runs, eight doubles, a triple, four home runs, 27 RBIs, 21/21 BB/K ratio, and 14 stolen bases
- #82- Ethan Cady, East Tennessee State (Waynesboro 2019): .307/.412/.667 in 114 at-bats, with 23 runs, nine doubles, a triple, 10 home runs, 34 RBIs, 19/21 BB/K ratio
Hopefully all will be drafted this summer!