- Last VBL title: 2014, the second of a back-to-back
- General Manager: Tyler Hoffman
- Recruiters: Mostly Hoffman, some Zac Cole
- Head Coach: Cole- Also coached New Market for three seasons, winning the VBL title in 2018, and Waynesboro in 2019. Cole is the Assistant Coach at the College of Central Florida.
The 2019 Waynesboro team set the franchise record for regular season winning percentage by going 31-11 (percentage of .738), winning the South by a full six games over Charlottesville. Unfortunately for the Generals, however, the wheels came off in the first road of the playoffs against Staunton. In game one, the Generals committed six errors to help Staunton run away with a 8-2 win. In game two, Staunton erupted for seven runs in the 3rd inning on five hits, four walks, and an error, eventually winning, 9-2, and sending the Generals home earlier than expected. The team MVP was Wes Clarke (South Carolina), Cy Young was McLain Harris (Young Harris), and the team’s “Glue Guy” was Kobe Lopez (St. Thomas).
- Deven Judy (2019), Gannon
- Zach Kirby (2019), East Tennessee State
- Joseph Acosta (2019), East Tennessee State
Cole really likes the hitters coming this summer.
- Pearce Howard (New Orleans)- .333/.398/.514, and 14 doubles and seven home runs- He led UNO in average, slugging, and home runs, and has been a major contributor for three years.
- Max Weller (Arizona Western)- Hit .300/.468/.480 with 12 doubles and three home runs- is coached by Zeke Mitchum, former Front Royal coach.
- Stephen Wilmer (Florida Gulf Coast)- Was going to play in Waynesboro in 2020; Hit .326/.429/.566 in 129 at-bats, with 11 doubles and six home runs.
- Kyle Murphy (Pasco Hernando)- Hit .341/.457/.625 in 208 at-bats, with 18 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs, 38/41 BB/K ratio, and 41 stolen bases
- Will Prater (Western Carolina)- Had a tremendous spring; hit .395/.457/.461 in 167 at-bats, with five doubles, three triples, and six stolen bases.
- Jackson Ross (Pasco Hernando)- Hit .346/.468/.597 in 211 at-bats, with 16 doubles, five triples, and nine home runs. He added a 46/40 BB/K ratio and 17 stolen bases.
- Jase Felker (Rend Lake College on his way to Kentucky)- .414/.509/.736, 10 home runs, 55 RBIs, 18 stolen bases.
- Aidan Huggins (Illinois State)- Has been a starting shortstop for three years; hit .273/.361/.414 in 198 at-bats this spring, with nine doubles and five home runs.
- Alejandro Figueredo (Florida Gulf Coast)- Hit .260/.348/.396 in 154 at-bats, with six doubles and five home runs.
- Scott McDonough (Florence Darlington on his way to Virginia Tech)- Hit .331/.370/.675 in 169 at-bats, with 12 doubles and 14 home runs.
Starters were a point of emphasis for the Generals this recruiting cycle…
- Kirby- Led ETSU with a 1.95 ERA, 7/28 BB/K in 32 innings.
- Judy– Went 3-6, 3.27, with 66 K’s in 55 innings.
- Brandon Marello (Milligan)- Was the best starter this spring at Milligan, going 4-3, 2.04, with 62 K’s in 66 1/3 innings.
- Chad Treadway (Georgia State)- Went 1-4, 5.59, with 28 K’s in 29 innings, was outstanding as a freshman.
- Wyatt Hudepohl (Kentucky)- Pitched in 16 games for the Wildcats this spring.
- Seth Logue (Kentucky)- Struck out 24 batters in 14 innings, all in relief, this spring.
- Bret Neilan (Stetson)- Appeared in 14 games this spring, eight of them starts.
- Justin Stewart (Southeastern)- Can run his fastball up to 94.
- Acosta- Can throw his fastball up to 97 mph
- Mason Miller (Florida Gulf Coast)- Struck out 17 in 22 innings, can hit the low 90’s
- Elijah McCormack (Central Florida)- All four outs he recorded this spring were by strikeout, can hit 95 mph
- Cole Beverlin (Western Carolina) has been drafted- in 2018 in the 39th round. His dad, Jason, was a standout at WCU, pitched a season in the minor leagues in 2002, was inducted into the WCU Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Four players on this early roster have played at Pasco Hernando with head coach Lyndon Coleman, who coached in Winchester.
- Brady Jones (East Tennessee State) pitched for two years at Andrew College, where Cole was his pitching coach. He is the All-time career save leader there.