Four games were on the slate yesterday, and all were completed! Let’s keep this thing rolling….
- Strasburg 9, Front Royal 8 (13 innings- the longest game this summer so far)
- Woodstock 17, Purcellville 4- This fearsome Bandit lineup has scored nine, 18, and 17 runs in its last three games!
- New Market 13, Winchester 11- Speaking of fearsome lineups, these two battered pitchers all evening.
- Harrisonburg 6, Waynesboro 5- Coach Bob Wease won his 500th game- more on that later today (hopefully!)
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is New Market’s Tyler Robertson, from Louisiana Lafayette, who went 4-6, with two runs scored, two doubles, a home run, stolen base, and four RBIs! Robertson is now hitting .309/.372/.515 in 68 summer at-bats, with 16 runs, six doubles, a triple, two home runs, 12 stolen bases, and 20 RBIs. This New Market lineup is rolling! Robertson hit .269/.315/.429 in 156 at-bats for the Ragin’ Cajuns this spring, with seven doubles, six home runs, and 12 stolen bases.
Others of Note
- Samuel Tackett, Front Royal: 3-7, run, double
- Gabe Sherman, Front Royal: 2-5, run, two RBIs, walk
- Chad Fairey, Strasburg: 2-4, three runs, two walks, stolen base
- Mac McCroskey, Strasburg: 3-6, run, RBI
- Skyler Trevino, Woodstock: 3-5, two runs, RBI, walk, HBP
- Jaylon Lee, Woodstock: 2-4, four runs, RBI, triple, home run, two HBP
- Aiden Nagle, Woodstock: 3-4, two runs, RBI, walk, double
- Jacoby Long, Woodstock: 1-4, three runs, RBI, two walks
- Edrick Felix, Woodstock: 2-5, two runs, four RBIs, double, home run
- Jimmy Goldsmith, Purcellville: 1-3, two walks, double
- Jason Luke, New Market: 3-6, two runs, two RBIs, double, home run
- Jackson Lancaster, New Market: 2-4, two runs, RBI, two walks, home run
- Robert Antonetti, New Market: 2-3, two runs, three walks, stolen base
- Nicholas Calero, New Market: 2-5, run, walk
- Kyle Jackson, New Market: 1-4, two runs, RBI, two walks, double, two stolen bases
- Nate Furman, Winchester: 2-4, RBI, walk
- Austin Bulman, Winchester: 2-5, two runs, two doubles
- Cameran Brantley, Winchester: 1-3, three runs, RBI, two walks
- Dilan Espinal, Winchester: 3-4, two runs, RBI, walk
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day is Strasburg’s Crawford Wade, from Wake Forest! Wade threw five excellent innings in relief yesterday, allowing two hits, one run, one walk, and striking out six. He’s now 0-1, 2.84, with 14 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings pitched this summer. Wade pitched in 17 games covering 14 innings this spring for Wake.
Others of Note
- Ryan Ammons, Strasburg: Two innings, one hit, no runs, one walk, four K’s, win
- Dylan White, Front Royal: Four innings, no hit, no runs, two walks, three K’s
- Salvatore Ferro, Front Royal: Four innings, four hits, one run, no walks, three K’s, loss
- Jose Varela, Woodstock: Five innings, four hit, one run, three walks, five K’s, win (Game score of 57)
- Jackson Lancaster, New Market: Two innings, no hits, no runs, one walk, five K’s, save- It’s pretty rare to have the same player appear in both he top hitters and top pitchers section…
- Logan Clayton, Waynesboro: Five innings, four hits, three runs, one earned, no walks, three K’s (GS: 54)
- Winchester at Front Royal 7 PM
- Woodstock at Strasburg 7 PM
- Waynesboro at Staunton 7:30 PM
- Charlottesville at Harrisonburg 7:30 PM
- Purcellville at New Market 7:30 PM