We had four games last night, with all of them important for playoff seeding. Let’s take a look at what’s up:
- Woodstock clinched a top two spot. One remaining game: New Market
- Strasburg has clinched a top two spot. One remaining game: at Purcellville. The deal with Woodstock and Strasburg is simple- An Express win and/or a Bandit loss, #1 seed goes to Strasburg, #2 to Woodstock. Express loss and Bandit win, Woodstock is #1, Strasburg #2.
- New Market has clinched a playoff spot. One remaining game: at Woodstock. A New Market loss will slot the squad in the #4 spot, with Winchester #3. With a New Market win, Winchester will need to win one of its remaining three games to finish #3.
- Winchester has clinched a playoff spot. Three remaining games: at Purcellville (DH), Front Royal
- Front Royal has been eliminated from playoff contention. One remaining game: at Winchester
- Purcellville has been eliminated from playoff contention. Three remaining games: Winchester (DH), Strasburg
THE NORTH PLAYOFFS ARE SCHEDULED TO BEGIN ON SUNDAY, JULY 25
- Charlottesville has clinched the #1 seed, and the overall top winning percentage across both divisions. One remaining game: Waynesboro
- Harrisonburg has one remaining game: at Staunton.
- Staunton has one remaining game: Harrisonburg. The winner of Harrisonburg-Staunton finishes as the #2 seed. The loser- see below…
- Waynesboro has one remaining game: at Charlottesville. If the Generals win and Harrisonburg loses, they will be tied for third; Harrisonburg holds the head-to-head tiebreaker. Therefore Harrisonburg will finish #3 and Waynesboro #4. If the Generals win and Staunton loses, Waynesboro is #3 and Staunton is #4. If the Generals lose, the squad is #4 and gets Charlottesville in the first round!
BARRING RAINOUTS, THE SOUTH PLAYOFFS WILL BEGIN ON SATURDAY, JULY 24– TOMORROW!!