The last day of the regular season for the South, the second-to-last day for the North!
- Woodstock 12, New Market 2 (7 innings)- This was the first completed game, and at the time it brought the Bandits into a virtual tie with Strasburg for first place in the North.
- Winchester 6, Front Royal 1- The Royals clinch the #3 seed with this win, and New Market is #4.
- Waynesboro 5, Charlottesville 1- Waynesboro, even with the win, ends up #4 in the South, as Harrisonburg holds the tiebreaker.
- Staunton 10, Harrisonburg 5- Staunton is #2, Harrisonburg #3. They play again!
- Strasburg 10, Purcellville 7 (11 innings)- Express win the North by winning percentage! It was a nail-biter; I imagine Woodstock AND Strasburg were watching this one to the end. (I know I was!)
Hitter of the Day
Our hitter of the day is Strasburg’s Ryan Galanie, from Wofford! Galanie went 4-7 last night, with two runs, two RBIs, a double, and a stolen base. He’s hitting a robust .383/.481/.617 in 128 at-bats this summer, with nine doubles, seven home runs, 22/19 BB/K ratio, and 19 stolen bases.
Others of Note
- Charles Loust, Woodstock: 3-4, run, two RBIs, double, stolen base
- Jaylon Lee, Woodstock: 1-3, two runs, three RBIs, walk, home run
- Zach Levenson, Waynesboro: 2-4, RBI
- Justin Wachs, Harrisonburg: 2-3, run, two RBIs, walk, home run
- Frederic Walter, Harrisonburg: 2-3, two runs, RBI, two walks, two doubles
- Grant Painter, Staunton: 3-3, two runs, three RBIs, walk
- Chad Fairey, Strasburg: 2-6, two runs, two RBIs, two doubles, HBP
- Tripp McKinlay, Strasburg: 3-5, run, three RBIs, walk, double, stolen base
- Mikey Brinton, Purcellville: 1-4, two runs, two RBIs, two walks, double
- Will Portera, Purcellville: 2-5, run, RBI, walk, double, triple
Pitcher of the Day
Our POD is Harrisonburg’s Logan McClure, from West Virginia Tech! McClure fired six innings last night while allowing four hits, one run, along with one walk and six strikeouts. He earned a game score of 65, the highest for the day. McClure finished his regular season 2-0, 3.81, with 37 K’s in 33 innings pitched.
Others of Note
- Jake Rons, Woodstock: Two innings, no hits, no runs, no walks, four K’s
- Sean Hayes, Front Royal: Two innings, no hits, one run, none earned, one walk, no K’s
- Sam Davies, Winchester: Five innings, four hits, one run, four walks, eight K’s, win (GS: 59)
- Adam Miller, Winchester: Three innings, one hit, no runs, no walks, three K’s
- Zach Kirby, Waynesboro: Four innings, four hits, one run, one walk, one K
- Brady Jones, Waynesboro: Four innings, two hits, no runs, two walks, five K’s, save
- Preston Allen, Charlottesville: Four innings, three hits, one run, no walks, three K’s
- Justin Humenay, Charlottesville: Two innings, two hits, no runs, two walks, two K’s
- Geo Rivera, Strasburg: Two innings, one hit, one unearned run, no walks, one K
- Eric Toth, Strasburg: Two innings, no hits, no runs, two walks, three K’s, win
Regular season games: Winchester at Purcellville, DH, 4 PM, 6 PM
Playoff Games: Waynesboro at Charlottesville, 7 PM; Harrisonburg at Staunton, 7:30 PM
A Note on Saturday
Today is going to be a little tricky. The system that the League uses, Pointstreak, only allows one “season” to be the default at one time, and today, we have both the 2021 Regular Season AND the 2021 Playoffs, two separate seasons, in action.
Those two games in the North still to play means that the regular season needs to be the default until the second game of the doubleheader ends (8 PM or so), then I will switch it over to the playoffs.
To see ALL four games in the “Live Scoreboard” tab on the Valley League website, change the drop-down menu to “All Seasons,” and you’ll be able to see them. I think we can do this!