Rain wiped out half the slate on Tuesday, but two games were still played:
- Strasburg at Woodstock PPD (Makeup date Tuesday, June 28)
- Waynesboro at Covington PPD (Makeup date Monday, June 13)
- Purcellville 5, Winchester 3- this boxscore is not available at this time. Both teams are 2-3.
- Harrisonburg 6, Staunton 5 (10 innings): Matthew Mamatas singled in the winning run in the top of the 10th inning, and Casey Smith threw a shutout inning in the bottom of the 10th to send the Turks to 2-2. Staunton is now 1-3.
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is Staunton’s Joe Delossantos, from William & Mary. Delossantos, who also played for Staunton in 2021, went 2-5 last night, with a run, double, home run, and two RBIs. He’s now a cool 8-16 in four games, with four runs, two doubles, two home runs, and six RBIs. He’s in the top three in all three triple crown categories so far this summer.
Others of Note
- Cullen Horowicz, Purcellville: 2-4, run, RBI, walk
- Bear Madliak, Purcellville: 2-3, walk
- Seaver King, Harrisonburg: 3-5, three runs, double, stolen base
- Sam Schner, Harrisonburg: 2-5, two runs, walk, two stolen bases
- Mitchell Farris, Harrisonburg: 1-3, RBI, two walks
- Jeffrey Snider, Staunton: 3-4, run, double, stolen base
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day is Purcellville’s Rocco Reid, who threw a solid six innings, allowing only two hits, one unearned run, and two walks while striking out six. He earned the win and a game score of 70- tied for the fourth best of the summer so far. It was Reid’s first outing of the summer; the Clemson freshman appeared in 12 games out of the bullpen for the Tigers this spring.
Others of Note
- Brett Zerbel , Winchester: Two innings, to hits, no runs, no walks, three K’s
- Matt Kleinfelter, Harrisonburg: 4 1/3 innings, six hits, three runs, one earned, one walk, six K’s, win
- Adam Fischer, Staunton: Two shutout innings, one hit, three walks, two K’s
- Marty Neal, Staunton: Two innings, one hit, one unearned run, one walk, four K’s, loss
- Winchester (Davies) at Front Royal (Fisher), 7 PM
- Strasburg (Sisco) at Purcellville (Byers), 7 PM
- Charlottesville (Olsen) at Staunton (Arrington), 7:30 PM
- Woodstock (Bradarich) at New Market (Sanchez), 7:30 PM
- Waynesboro (Kelly) at Harrisonburg (Williams), 7:30 PM (Given decent weather, I’ll be attending this one)