Two games on the schedule on Saturday night, and Mother Nature allowed us to play both!
- Woodstock 5, Purcellville 3 (Game 1): The Bandits got a solid start by John Snyder, and three relievers threw shutout innings to send the team to a victory in game one. Jacoby Long scored two runs and John Lycette drove in two for the offense. Isaias Miramontes threw a good four innings for the Cannons, and Cullen Horowicz drove in two. The teams meet Sunday night in Purcellville for game two (hopefully).
- Charlottesville 13, Waynesboro 4 (Charlottesville wins the series, 2-0): Charlottesville exploded for eight runs in the sixth inning, turning a 5-3 game into a laugher. Christian Martin and Carter Cunningham continued their hot hitting with three hits each, and Kalvin Alexander hit a home run and drove in three. Charlottesville will await the winner of the Woodstock-Purcellville series.
Hitters of Note
- Christian Martin, Charlottesville: 3-4, three runs, RBI, walk
- Carter Cunningham, Charlottesville: 3-4, two runs, four RBIs, two doubles, stolen base (pictured)
- Kalvin Alexander, Charlottesville: 2-4, two runs, three RBIs, home run
- Garrett Howe, Waynesboro: 1-3, two runs, two walks, double
- Kasey Caras, Waynesboro: 1-2, two walks
Pitchers of Note
- Isaias Miramontes, Purcellville: Four innings, one hit, two run, one earned, one walk, one K
- John Snyder, Woodstock: Six innings, six hit, three runs, two earned, one walk, four K’s
- Braden Halladay, Charlottesville: Five innings, two hits, one run, two walks, nine K’s, win
- Woodstock (Wilkinson) at Purcellville (Smith), 7 PM