I’ve saved up the pro transactions for a while- here they are:
- Logan Boyd (Charles Town 2013) has been released by the Boston Red Sox. A 19th round pick in the 2015 draft, Logan topped out in High-A Salem. In 317 1/3 innings, he went 29-12, 3.94, with a 1.336 WHIP, 2.7 BB/9, and 7.4 K/9.
- Drew Longley (Covington 2008-2010) voluntarily retired. The catcher hit 211/281/340 in 888 minor league at-bats. He played in 4 games for Triple-A Toledo in 2016.
- Scott Copeland was signed by the New York Mets, and assigned to Double-A Binghamton. Maybe if the Mets can’t get along with a few more members of their staff, Scott could find himself back in the majors sometime this year.
- Ashur Tolliver (Harrisonburg 2007) signed with the Long Island Ducks of the independent Atlantic League.
- Logan Kensing (Harrisonburg 2002) signed with the Somerset Patriots of the independent Atlantic League.
- Both Cory Spangenberg (Winchester 2010) and Cliff Pennington (Harrisonburg 2003) have been sent to Triple-A. Cory to EL Paso; Cliff to Louisville.
- Keegan Long (Front Royal 2014) has been released by the Diamondbacks. In 173 1/3 minor league innings, Keegan went 7-3, 2.65, with a 1.119 WHIP, 2.5 BB/9, and 7.8 K/9.
- Ryan Yarbrough (Luray 2012) was “sent down” to Triple-A, but was returned very quickly. My hunch, actually, is that he never went down at all, but the Rays needed to add another player for a couple days. In fact, Ryan is listed as the scheduled starter for the Rays against the Braves tonight.