Only one game was on tap for last night- here you go…
- Waynesboro 7, Charlottesville 6 (Generals win 4th in a row, the longest current streak in the VBL; Tom Sox slip to a half game behind Covington for second place in the South Division)
Hitter of the Day
Our HOD is Waynesboro’s Bryce Teodosio, from Clemson, making his fourth appearance in the league this summer. He went 2-3, with a run, 2 RBIs, home run, and stolen base. The home run put the Generals ahead in the 8th inning- what turned out to be the winning margin. Bryce is hitting 389/421/722 with 2 home runs in his 4 games thus far. At Clemson this spring, he was 13-79 with 4 home runs.
Others of Note
- Chase Cheek, Waynesboro: 2-5, 2 runs, RBI, SB (Chase is currently leading the VBL in batting average)
- Patrick McColl, Charlottesville: 2-4, BB (Patrick in 3rd in batting average)
Pitcher of the Day
Our POD is also from Waynesboro; today it’s Matt Ellmyer, from Wofford. Matt threw 5 shutout innings, allowing 4 hits, 2 walks, and striking out 6. He did not earn the win, as the winning run came later (see above), but his game score was 63. He’s 1-2, 5.87 this summer, with 21 K’s in 23 innings pitched so far. He went 6-0, 6.91 with 46 K’s in 43 innings at Wofford this spring.
Others of Note
- Aron Solis, Waynesboro: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K’s, save
- Cody Maw, Charlottesville: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K’s, loss
- Harrisonburg at Front Royal
- Charlottesville at Winchester
- Staunton at Waynesboro
- Covington at Purcellville
- New Market at Woodstock
Coming later today: On This Day in Valley League History, AND Power Rankings #3!