Five former Valley Leaguers have been honored with a place on one of the three MEAC All-Conference teams!
- Joseph Fernando (Strasburg 2016) is first team at second base. A transfer from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, Fernando hit 324/373/443 for Bethune-Cookman, along with 30 runs, 11 doubles, 1 triple, 4 home runs, 26 RBIs, and 15 stolen bases. He led his team in hits, doubles, home runs, and stolen bases.
- Justin Hayes (Strasburg 2018) is first team at outfield. A senior at Norfolk State, Justin hit 301/364/393 in 196 at-bats, with 40 runs, 7 doubles, 4 triples, 1 home run, 22 RBIs, and 30 stolen bases. He led Norfolk State in runs, triples, and stolen bases.
- Stephen Baughan (Strasburg 2018) is second team at first base. A junior at Norfolk State, Stephen hit 314/393/560, with 32 runs, 22 doubles, 3 triples, 5 home runs, and 27 RBIs. He led the team in slugging percentage, doubles, and tied with Ward in home runs.
- Caleb Ward (Charlottesville 2016) is second team at outfield. Ward is a redshirt junior at Norfolk State, and hit 290/368/457, with 38 runs, 12 doubles, 2 triples, 5 home runs, 44 RBIs, and 22 walks. He led the team in RBIs and walks, and tied with Baughan in home runs. He’s also planning to play in the VBL again this summer- for the Woodstock River Bandits.
- Brandon Wilkes (Staunton 2018) is third team at relief pitcher. A senior at Bethune-Cookman, Brandon went 2-0, 2.04, with 5 saves, a 1.03 WHIP, 2.8 BB/9, and 11.7 K/9 in 35 1/3 innings pitched.