Well, even though only two games were played last night, let’s take a look at the updated standings. (*= playoff position clinched, x=eliminated from playoffs) The playoffs are scheduled to begin on Saturday!
|6||Front Royal x||13||26||0.333||11|
- Strasburg has clinched a top-two playoff spot. The squad has five games to play: Waynesboro, New Market, @Staunton, Front Royal, @Winchester.
- Woodstock has also clinched a top-two seed. Four games left: @New Market (suspended), Winchester, @New Market, @Front Royal. Only one win behind the Express, but two losses back.
- New Market is still a half game ahead of Winchester, but can do no better than third. Four games left: Woodstock (suspended), @Strasburg, Woodstock, @Purcellville.
- Winchester is a half game behind New Market. Three games left: @Woodstock, @Purcellville, Strasburg. Still 1.5 games ahead of Purcellville.
- Purcellville can still catch the 3rd seed. Six games left: Staunton, @Covington, @Front Royal, Winchester, New Market (and a makeup with Staunton yet).
- Front Royal was eliminated from playoff contention. The team has three games left: Purcellville, @Strasburg, Woodstock.
- Waynesboro lost a half-game to the Tom Sox last night, but still leads by two with five games to play (Gens have a top two spot clinched): @Strasburg, @Covington, Charlottesville, @Harrisonburg, @Staunton.
- Charlottesville has clinched a top two seed. Three games left, all on the road: @Waynesboro, @Covington, @Harrisonburg.
- Covington is in third place, a half game ahead of Staunton. Four games left: Purcellville, Waynesboro, @Staunton, Charlottesville. Let’s see how rescheduling goes.
- Staunton is now only 1.5 games ahead of the Turks with five games remaining: @Purcellville, Covington, Strasburg, Waynesboro (@Purcellville makeup, too). Staunton controls its own fate, though- the team is three losses ahead of the Turks. So two wins will clinch a tie, and the Braves hold the tiebreaker (see below).
- Harrisonburg is 1.5 back of the last spot with two to play: Waynesboro, Charlottesville (both tough games). The Turks are 2-4 against Staunton this summer, so they need to finish ahead of the Braves to win that fourth spot. It’s still very possible! (If the Turks lose both of their remaining games, Staunton will clinch a playoff spot)