The Charlottesville Tom Sox hoisted their second Jim Lineweaver Trophy in three seasons two nights ago.
Does this mean that ATVL is done until next June? Of course not. This is a 365-days a year endeavor.
First of all, as I announced here, the 2019 Valley League Annual writing has begun in earnest. It will be a collection of at least 150 pages covering the 2019 VBL season, including a few sentences on every single VBL game from this summer, the best performances of the summer, top players, and then tons of information on pro players who have a history with the Valley League. I hope to have it ready by late November/early December- certainly by Christmas. Stay tuned for details!
Over the next 10 months, I will be covering at least the following:
- A list of the top hitters, starting pitchers, and relievers in the 2019 VBL season (spoiler alert- Thomas Francisco will be on the top hitter list). I will post on each player one by one, starting at the “bottom.”
- For the second time, ATVL’s Top Prospects list. Kind of like what Baseball America and Perfect Game do.
- Park factors across the league
- Minor league news
- Major league news (Debuts, important home runs, no hitters, playoffs, etc)
- Professional players of the year at each level of affiliated ball (Rookie ball, Low-A, High-A, Double-A…and so on.)
- When the college season starts up again, I will be watching alumni to see who performs well during the college season in the spring- like when Kyle McCann (Harrisonburg 2017) burst on the scene for Georgia Tech in March and April this year
- Top prospect lists from publications like Baseball America and mlb.com
- Record books. Major leagues, minor leagues, and Valley League… lists that ATVL has been working on quite literally for years
- And anything else that comes up. (Feel free to drop me a line, by the way, if you, Dear Reader, know of something)
So while we’ve finished one chapter, another one begins!
Remember to follow me on instagram @allthingsvalley (All Things Valley League), twitter @JohnATVL, and Facebook!