Well, life went from 0 to 100 for me recently, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve forgotten about the Valley League, or anything like that.
For today’s post, let’s take a quick look at the current performance of the top five hitters from the summer of 2019:
- Aidan Nagle (Woodstock), Lewis-Clark: Nagle is hitting .253/.333/.342 in 79 at-bats so far, with 14 runs, 10 RBIs, a double, and two home runs.
- Wes Clarke (Waynesboro), South Carolina: Clarke is off to a hot start, hitting .286/.406/.714 in 56 at-bats, with 14 runs scored, 22 RBIs, and a whopping eight home runs.
- Andrew Czech (Staunton), Walsh: After an unfortunate injury in fall ball, Czech is redshirting this spring. He is planning to return to Staunton in the summer, though.
- Caleb Ward (Woodstock), Norfolk State: Ward is hitting .250/.364/.393 in 56 at-bats, with five runs scored, four RBIs, five doubles, and a home run. He also has eight walks against 14 strikeouts.
- Lael Lockhart (Woodstock), Houston: The two-way player has only batted 16 times (and has two hits). On the mound, he’s started four games, and is currently 1-2, 4.58, with eight walks and 19 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings pitched.