by John Leonard
The Valley League’s first Signs USA Hitter of the Week for 2021 is Strasburg’s Mac McCroskey!
A rising junior from Oral Roberts, the shortstop started his Valley League season on a tear, going 9-18 in his first five games, with seven runs scored, two doubles, two RBIs, a stolen bases, and four walks against only one strikeout. His batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage numbers are currently .500/.625/.611. He leads the league in batting average, on-base percentage, hits, and is tied for the lead in runs scored.
- Makenzie Pate, Charlottesville: 7-16, six runs scored, three doubles, three RBIs, five walks, six stolen bases
- Max Weller, Waynesboro: 7-17, four runs, one double, one triple, five RBIs, two walks
- Cam Irvine, Strasburg: 6-15, six runs, four doubles, three RBIs, four walks
- Gabe Sherman, Front Royal: 7-18, six RBIs, three walks
- Tripp McKinlay, Strasburg: 7-18, five runs, two doubles
- Will Long, Winchester: 5-13, two runs, one double, one home run, five RBIs, four walks
*The Valley League will name a hitter and pitcher of the week each Sunday during the 2021 VBL season*