Four games on the schedule for this day- let’s get right to it!
- Waynesboro 3, Harrisonburg 2
- Charlottesville 7, Staunton 6
- Front Royal 13, Purcellville 6
- Woodsock 10, New Market 7
Hitter of the Day
In a close call, our hitter of the day is Staunton’s Justin Hanvey, from East Tennessee State. Hanvey went 3-4, with two runs scored, a double, home run, walk, stolen base, and two RBIs- seven total bases wins the day! He’s now 5-22 on the summer so far, with a slashline of .227/.370/.409.
Others of Note
- Joey Rezek, Waynesboro: 2-5, special shoutout to Kellie and Roger Honeycutt, Rezek’s host family, who sat next to us in the bleachers last night, and kept us laughing all game at their shenanigans!
- Joseph Delossantos, Staunton: 1-3, two runs, two RBIs, home run, stolen base, walk
- Christian Collier, Purcellville: 2-4, run, walk
- Jeremiah Hill, Purcellville: 2-3, run, walk
- Samuel Tackett, Front Royal: 3-4, three runs, HBP
- Cole McConnell, Front Royal: 2-5, three runs, three RBIs, walk, home run
- Niko Amory, Front Royal: 3-3, two runs, two RBIs, walk, two doubles
- Skyler Trevino, Woodstock: 1-2, five runs, two walks, HBP
- Willy Escala, Woodstock: 3-4, two runs, EBI, walk, two stolen bases
- Jacob Williams, Woodstock: 1-3, four RBIs, double, two sacrifice flies
- Jackson Lancaster, New Market: 4-5, three runs, RBI, triple, stolen base
Pitcher of the Day
This was a pretty heavy offensive night, but the pitcher of the day was truly unhittable. It’s Waynesboro’s Elijah McCormack, a sophomore at Central Florida, who crushed the Turks in four innings, allowing no hits, no runs, one walk, and striking out eight to earn the win. This was his third outing so far this summer; he’s 1-0, 0.00, with 12 K’s in six innings pitched. Wow.
Others of Note
- Zach Kirby, Waynesboro: Five innings, three hits, two earned runs, three walks, seven K’s (Game Score: 57)
- Garret Simpson, Harrisonburg: Six innings, five hits, two runs, one earned, no walks, seven K’s (GS: 63)
- Brady Kirtner, Charlottesville: Four innings, three hits, two runs, one earned, two walks, seven K’s (GS: 55)
- Matthew Poston, Purcellville: 2 2/3 innings, one hit, no runs, no walks, three K’s
- Teddie Nelson, Front Royal: Three innings, one hit, one earned run, two walks, three K’s
- Alex Nicolosi, New Market: 3 2/3 innings, two hits, one unearned run, one walk, six K’s
- Strasburg at Woodstock 7 PM
- Covington at Waynesboro 7 PM
- Purcellville at Winchester 7 PM
- Charlottesville at Harrisonburg 7:30 PM
- Front Royal at New Market 7:30 PM