It’s hard to believe that we’ve hit the end of June already, but here we are, with the All-Star game a week and half away, almost halfway done the regular season…
- Staunton 1, Covington 0- A Luke Lindamood solo home run took care of all the scoring in this one.
- Woodstock 11, Purcellville 2- All I had to do was put Woodstock 2nd in the list of offenses, and the lineup puts up 11 right away….
- Charlottesville 11, Harrisonburg 7
Hitter of the Day
A 5-5 will always be in the running for HOD, and last night was no exception. Harrisonburg’s Michael Rosario, from Miami, did just that, rapping five hits, with two of them being doubles, and he also scored two runs. This raised his season slashline to .352/.379/.556 in 54 at-bats.
Others of Note
- Marco Martinez, Woodstock: 1-1, two runs, two RBIs, two walks, home run
- Aidan Nagle, Woodstock: 2-4, two runs, three RBIs, home run
- Wyatt Langford, Charlottesville: 2-3, two runs, RBI, walk, two stolen bases
- Logan Amiss, Charlottesville: 1-2, two runs, two RBIs, walk, two HBPs, stolen base
- Adam Cecere, Charlottesville: 2-4, run, three RBIs, double
Pitcher of the Day
Well, the boxscore has him entering the game in the second inning and pitching seven innings of relief (I wonder if that’s true?), so our POD is Staunton’s Tanner Moyers, from Lenoir-Rhyne. He threw seven shutout innings, allowing only three hits and one walk while striking out two to earn the win against Covington. Moyers is now 1-1, 5.19 with 12 K’s in 24 innings this summer. Moyers was also POD back on June 10.
Others of Note
- Hunter Mink, Covington: Seven innings, five hits, one run, no walks, five K’s, loss (GS: 68)
- Brandon Haggerty, Woodstock: Six innings, one hit, one run, four walks, eight K’s, win (GS: 70)
- Mac Callari, Harrisonburg: Two innings, one hit, no runs, no walks, one K
- Andrew Ward, Charlottesville: 3 2/3 innings, one hit, one run, one walk, eight K’s, save
- Strasburg at Purcellville 7 PM
- Woodstock at Winchester 7 PM
- Charlottesville at Waynesboro 7 PM
- Covington at Staunton 7:30 PM