Definitely some developments from last night’s games. And, by the way, a rescheduled rainout has been placed on Saturday, July 24, so the playoffs are scheduled to begin on Sunday, July 25.
The playoffs will begin the day after the regular season ends. The format is the same as in past years; The top seed will play seed #4, and #2 and #3 will face off, all in best-of-three series. The division championship and finals series will also be the best of three.
- Strasburg has clinched a top two spot, and leads Woodstock by a game and a half (two in the loss column). Four remaining games: at Winchester, at Winchester, Purcellville, at Purcellville
- Woodstock clinched a top two spot. Three remaining games: at Front Royal, Winchester, New Market
- New Market has clinched a playoff spot- it will be either #3 or #4. Three remaining games: at Purcellville, at Front Royal, at Woodstock
- Winchester is 3.5 games ahead of Front Royal for the last playoff spot, but third place is still within reach. Six remaining games: Strasburg, Strasburg, at Purcellville (DH), at Woodstock, Front Royal
- Front Royal can still catch Winchester for a playoff spot, but if Winchester wins two of its remaining six games, or wins one coupled with a Front Royal loss, the Cards will be out (by my calculations). Three remaining games: at Woodstock, New Market, at Winchester
- Purcellville has been eliminated from playoff contention. Five remaining games: New Market, Winchester (DH), at Strasburg, Strasburg
- Charlottesville has clinched the #1 seed, and the overall top winning percentage across both divisions. This team has won 13 of its last 15 games. They’re…. kinda hot. The real question is- can anyone stop them? Three remaining games: Harrisonburg, at Waynesboro, Waynesboro
- Harrisonburg has four remaining games: at Charlottesville, Staunton (DH), at Staunton
- Waynesboro has two remaining games: Charlottesville, at Charlottesville
- Staunton has three remaining games: at Harrisonburg (DH), Harrisonburg
- Harrisonburg, Waynesboro, and Staunton can still end up in any order at this point.