Yesterday, the South Division began the playoffs:
- Waynesboro 3, Charlottesville 1 (Waynesboro leads the series 1-0): The big story in this one is Waynesboro’s Bradley Wilson, who fired seven outstanding innings. Wilson held the high-flying Charlottesville offense to three hits and one run while striking out five to earn the win. The Generals scored all the runs they needed in one burst in the fifth inning, when Max Weller, Stephen Wilmer, and Michael Robinson hit three straight RBI singles. The teams face off in game two tonight in Waynesboro.
- Staunton 13, Harrisonburg 3 (Staunton leads series 1-0): Luke Trainer hit a three run bomb in the bottom of the first to start the scoring, and then followed up with another in the eighth to (almost) end the scoring, leading Staunton to a first-game rout of the Harrisonburg Turks. Besides Trainer’s home runs, Staunton also received home runs from Ian Diaz, Joseph Delossantos (who also tripled), and Kent Rooklin. The offense had 11 hits and nine walks. The teams square off tonight in Harrisonburg for game two.
- Charlottesville at Waynesboro, 7 PM (Game 2- Waynesboro leads 1-0)
- Winchester at Woodstock, 7 PM (Game 1)
- New Market at Strasburg, 7 PM (Game 1)
- Staunton at Harrisonburg, 7:30 PM (Game 2- Staunton leads 1-0)