Nova Southeastern, a Division-II school in Broward County, Florida, has quite a few former Valley Leaguers toiling for its baseball team. Which, incidentally, is off to a 3-0 start, with several of “our” alums helping:
- Duncan Pastore (Staunton 2019): Pastore is off to a ridiculous 8-10 start, with eight runs scored, three doubles, two home runs, nine RBIs, three walks, and two HBPs. And two stolen bases, too!
- Daniel Rivero (Staunton 2017): Rivero is 1-0, 1.69 in 5 1/3 innings, with four strikeouts.
- Conor Miller (Woodstock 2019, 2021): A transfer from D-III York, Miller threw a shutout inning so far. He was ATVL’s #1 reliever in the league in 2019, and #8 reliever in 2021.
- Adan Fernandez (New Market 2018): He of the championship-winning grand slam is 4-14 so far, with one double and four RBIs.
- Jeremy Cook (Staunton 2018): Cook didn’t have a great first start, but he was ATVL’s #13 reliever in 2018 and has a very good arm.
Oh, and by the way, head coach Laz Gutierrez pitched in New Market in 1997.
As usual, great research, John. That’s quite a roster at Nova Southeastern.