Let’s take a look at the top D-I hitters and pitchers from last weekend… and, as usual, props to D1baseball.com for compiling the overall lists, which makes this much, much easier!
- Nate Furman, Charlotte (Winchester 2021): 4-5, two runs, two RBIs, double, triple. Furman is hitting .435/.551/.597 in 62 at-bats, with 23 runs (in 15 games!), five doubles, one triple and one home run, and an excellent 14/6 BB/K. And four stolen bases. Will more attention start coming his way? (He was the TOP hitter in 2021)
- Zach Kirby, East Tennessee State (Waynesboro 2019, 21): Seven shutout innings, two hits, one walk, six K’s (Game score: 78). After 20 2/3 innings this spring, Kirby is 2-0, 1.74, with four walks and 19 K’s.
- Wyatt Langford, Florida (Charlottesville 2021): 3-4, three runs, five RBIs, triple, home run, walk. Langford, in 61 at-bats, is hitting .377/.472/.689, with 15 runs, two doubles, a triple, five home runs, 17 RBIs, and nine walks against 10 K’s. (He was also a top hitter in the 2021 season)
- Cooper Ingle, Clemson (Charlottesville 2021): 3-5, two runs, two RBIs, double, home run. Ingle is hitting .429/.539/.625 in 56 at-bats so far, with 19 runs, five doubles, two home runs, 19 RBIs, and a silly 15 walks against five K’s.
- Parker Stinnett, Mississippi State (Charlottesville 2021): Six innings, four hits, one earned run, two walks, 12 strikeouts, win, (GS: 70). Stinnett, who had one of the best arms in the ’21 summer season, is now 3-0, 3.57 in 17 2/3 innings, with nine walks and 36 strikeouts. 36!! (Stinnett is the featured image for this post)
A shorter list than last week, but still some good stuff here!