Four games played… a shutout, a mercy rule… some other stuff.
- Purcellville 6, Woodstock 0: Agyei Quinichett and Tyler Muscar combined on a four-hit shutout, and the Cannon lineup rapped four doubles. Purcellville is 6-10; Woodstock falls to 9-6.
- Winchester 12, Front Royal 2 (7 Innings): The score was a rather unassuming 4-2 until Winchester went bonkers in the bottom of the seventh, scoring eight runs to “walk it off.” The last run scored on a Chase Nixon bases-loaded walk. Winchester is 8-9; Front Royal falls to 6-9.
- Harrisonburg 8, Covington 4: Down 4-3 in the sixth, the Turks got a base-loaded triple from Mitchell Farris, followed by RBI hits by Seaver King and Michael Rosario. The Turks are 10-6; Covington falls to 6-9.
- Charlottesville 8, Waynesboro 4: Charlottesville has now won six in a row, and nine of 11 to go to 9-5 and maintain a small lead in the South over Harrisonburg (by percentage points). In he sixth, C-ville got a big two-run single from Logan Amiss, which was followed by RBI hits by Hunter Teplanszky and Tristan Bissetta to take control of this one.
Hitter of the Day
The HOD is Harrisonburg’s Michael Rosario, from Miami, who has made an already-impressive Turk lineup stronger since his arrival just five games ago. Last night, he went 3-5, with a run, double, home run, and two RBIs. Overall, he’s slashing .385/.429/.923, with a double and two home runs in 13 at-bats.
Others of Note
- Cullen Horowicz, Purcellville: 2-4, two doubles
- Chayce Bryant, Winchester: 2-4, two runs, double, home run, two RBIs
- Bradke Lohry, Covington: 3-4, two runs, three stolen bases
- Sam Schner, Harrisonburg: 0-0, two runs, three walks, stolen base
- Michael Rosario, Harrisonburg: 3-5, run, two RBIs, double, home run
- Satchell Norman, Charlottesville: 2-4, run, two RBIs, walk, double
- Trey Yunger, Charlottesville: 3-4, three runs, RBI, stolen base
- Joseph Sullivan, Waynesboro: 2-3, run, walk, HBP
- Matt Ruiz, Waynesboro: 3-5, run, RBI, double
Pitcher of the Day
The POD is Purcellville’s Agyei Quinichett, a Kennesaw State commit, who fired six shutout innings, with three hits, three walks, and four K’s. He earned the win and a game score of 67. He’s been very good this season; he’s 1-0, 1.28, with eight hits, 10 walks, and 12 K’s in 14 innings.
Others of Note
- Tyler Muscar, Purcellville: Three shutout innings, one hit, one walk, four K’s, save
- Tatum Watie, Winchester: 2 2/3 shutout innings, one hit, one K, win
- Andrew Standen, Covington: Two innings, two hits, no runs, no walks, five K’s
- Jake Wolf, Harrisonburg: Six innings, six hits, two runs, one walk, four K’s, win
- Front Royal (TBD) at Strasburg (TBD) , 7 PM
- New Market (Walker) at Purcellville (TBD), 7 PM
- Winchester (TBD) at Woodstock (TBD), 7 PM
- Waynesboro (Kelly) at Covington (TBD), 7 PM
- Charlottesville (Humenay) at Staunton (Payne), 7:30 PM