Wicked storms blasted the Valley last night, knocking over a light standard in Winchester along with wiping out four of the five games.
- Front Royal at Strasburg, PPD to June 30
- New Market at Purcellville, PPD to July 5
- Winchester at Woodstock, PPD (Makeup TBD)
- Charlottesville at Staunton, PPD to July 11
- Waynesboro 7, Covington 3: Waynesboro is 10-7, Covington 5-10.
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is Waynesboro’s Edrick Felix, who went 1-3, with a three-run home run, two walks, and a stolen base. The shortstop from Central Florida is off to a bit of a slow start this summer, but he was fantastic for Central Florida in the spring, setting school single-season records for most home runs and RBIs, and was state tournament MVP. Watch for his name in the July MLB draft!
Others of Note
- TJ Clarkson, Waynesboro: 2-4, two runs, walk, double
- Matt Ruiz, Waynesboro: 2-5, run, RBI, triple, stolen base
- Joseph Sullivan, Waynesboro: 2-5, run, RBI
- Kasey Caras, Waynesboro: 2-4, run, RBI, double, triple
- Gavin Baird, Covington: 1-2, run, two walks, two stolen bases
Pitcher of the Day
Waynesboro sweeps the awards; it’s David Rossow, from Miami, who went four innings while allowing three hits, one run, no walks, and striking out five to earn the win. Rossow has pitched in two games for the Generals so far, and has allowed only one earned run in 6 1/3 innings. He’s currently in the transfer portal.
Others of Note
- Garrett Bonnett, Covington: 3 1/3 innings, one hit, no runs, three walks, two K’s
- Waynesboro (Toro) at Charlottesville (Jameson), 7 PM
- Woodstock (Gordon) at Front Royal (TBD), 7 PM
- Winchester (TBD) at Purcellville (TBD), 7 PM
- Strasburg (Fix) at New Market (Moore), 7:30 PM
- Staunton (Cook) at Harrisonburg (Gainer), 7:30 PM