Day two of the playoffs saw an elimination, two teams survive to play another day, and yet another rainout.
- Covington at Charlottesville, PPD again. The two teams are meeting in Harrisonburg to play a doubleheader starting at 3 PM this afternoon!
- Woodstock 6, Front Royal 2: Bandits win the series, 2-0. RJ Stinson rapped four hits, scored a run and drove in two to send the Cardinals home. Woodstock got an effectively wild four innings from Christian Gordon, and then three relievers mopped up. Drew Camp drew (heh) three walks for the Cardinals, and Daniel Johnson threw six shutout innings in the losing effort.
- Strasburg 8, Purcellville 0: The Express stave off (“stave off” is a rather underutilized phrase, I think) elimination with an outstanding outing from starter Lucas Hartman and reliever Noah Hertzler. Ty Hooks added four RBIs, and Cam Clonch walked three times. The teams will meet tonight in Strasburg in an elimination game.
- Harrisonburg 7, Waynesboro 5, series tied 1-1. Turks do some staving of their own with the victory on Teresa Wease’s HOF induction night! Five Turks had two hits, and TJ Williams added three runs. Matt Kleinfelter went deep into this one, finishing seven strong innings, and Sean Culkin pitched the eighth and ninth to earn the save. Joseph Sullivan led the Generals with three hits and two stolen bases. The teams meet tonight in Waynesboro to see who moves on.
Hitters of Note
- RJ Stinson, Woodstock: 4-5, one run, two RBIs, double
- Ty Hooks, Strasburg: 3-5, four RBIs, double
- Cam Clonch, Strasburg: 0-2, two runs, three walks
- Henry Koehler, Strasburg: 2-4, run, RBI, walk
- Carson Bell, Purcellville: 3-3, walk, two doubles, triple
- Joseph Sullivan, Waynesboro: 3-5, run, two RBIs, double, two stolen bases
- TJ Williams, Harrisonburg: 2-4, three runs, walk, two doubles
- Michael Rosario, Harrisonburg: 2-4, run, RBI, walk, stolen base
- Jaylon Lee, Harrisonburg: 2-4, walk, double
- Carlos Perez, Harrisonburg: 2-3, run, walk, double
Pitchers of Note
- Christian Gordon, Woodstock: Four innings, two hits, one unearned run, five walks, seven K’s
- Tyler Wilkinson, Woodstock: 2 2/3 innings, one unearned run, one walk, two K’s
- Daniel Johnson, Front Royal: Six innings, three hits, no runs, one walk, three K’s
- Lucas Hartman, Strasburg: Six innings, five hits, no runs, three walks, nine K’s, win
- Noah Hertzler, Strasburg: Three innings, three hits, no runs, one walk, two K’s, save
- Matt Kleinfelter, Harrisonburg: Seven innings, five hits, four runs, three earned, two walks, six K’s, win
- Covington (Wall, TBD) and Charlottesville (Yesavage, TBD), doubleheader in Harrisonburg starting at 3 PM
- Purcellville (TBD) at Strasburg (Ursitti), 7 PM
- Harrisonburg (TBD) at Waynesboro (TBD)