Five of the players that ATVL listed as top hitters in the 2015 Valley League season are off to scorching hot starts in their respective college season. Let’s take a look:
- Shane Billings (Harrisonburg), Wingate: The MVP of the 2015 season is crushing the ball so far for Wingate. He’s hitting 453/520/686 in 86 at-bats, along with 31 runs scored, 16 RBIs, 9 doubles, 4 triples, a home run, a 12/4 BB/K ratio, and a perfect 12 steals in 12 attempts.
- Bradley Jones (Charles Town), Charleston: He may be hitting “only” .262, but his on-base percentage is .407 and he’s slugging a ridiculous .786, thanks to 4 doubles and a whopping 6 home runs in only 42 at-bats.
- Andrew Seigel (Aldie), Concord: Andrew is hitting 452/511/548 in 42 at-bats. He’s scored 12 runs, and hit 2 doubles and a triple. His BB/K ratio is 5/5, and he’s stolen 5 bases in 7 attempts.
- Austin Edens (Staunton), Samford: Austin is hitting .373 in 51 at-bats, along with 12 runs, 14 RBIs, 5 doubles, and 5 home runs. He has a 2/10 BB/K ratio.
- Jared Baker (Harrisonburg), Oklahoma City: In 21 games and 70 at-bats, Jared is hitting 457/512/886. (Slugging .886?!?!) He has scored 27 runs, driven in 19, and has 10 doubles, 4 triples, and 4 home runs. His BB/K ratio is 7/8.
Great job, guys! Keep on raking….