Let’s take a look at the updated playoff chase! (The league has extended the regular season one extra day- through Friday.) *= a playoff spot has been clinched
- Strasburg has clinched a top-two playoff spot. The squad has six games to play: Waynesboro, @Charlottesville, New Market, @Staunton, Front Royal, @Winchester.
- Woodstock has also clinched a top-two seed. Four games left: @New Market, Winchester, @New Market, @Front Royal. Only one win behind the Express, but three losses back.
- New Market is now a half game ahead of Winchester, and is five games back of #2 Woodstock. Five games left: Woodstock, @Strasburg, Woodstock, @Purcellville.
- Winchester fell a half game behind New Market after the Royals lost last night. Three games left: @Woodstock, @Purcellville, Strasburg. Still 1.5 games ahead of Purcellville.
- Purcellville can still catch the 3rd seed. Six games left: Staunton, @Covington, @Front Royal, Winchester, New Market (and a makeup with Staunton yet).
- Front Royal was eliminated from playoff contention last night. The team has three games left: Purcellville, @Strasburg, Woodstock.
- Waynesboro lost a half-game to the Tom Sox last night, but still leads by 2.5 with five games to play (Gens have a top two spot clinched): @Strasburg, @Covington, Charlottesville, @Harrisonburg, @Staunton.
- Charlottesville has clinched a top two seed. Four games left: Strasburg, @Waynesboro, @Covington, @Harrisonburg.
- Covington is in third place only by percentage points. Four games left: Purcellville and Waynesboro on the same day (today), @Staunton, Charlottesville.
- Staunton is still 2.5 games ahead of the Turks with six games remaining: @Purcellville, Harrisonburg, Covington, Strasburg, Waynesboro (@Purcellville makeup, too). If the Braves win three of their remaining six, they would finish ahead of the Turks.
- Harrisonburg is 2.5 back of the last spot with three to play: @Staunton, Waynesboro, Charlottesville. One Turk loss means they can’t catch Covington, but Staunton would still be within reach. The game in Staunton tonight is crucial; if the Turks win, they would pull to 1.5 games behind the Braves (all in the loss column). A Turks loss means the best they could do is tie the Braves.