Two games were played yesterday… neither of which factored in the playoff chase. Because of the that, some interesting things happened…
- Covington 2, Purcellville 1
- Waynesboro 17, Strasburg 4- The Generals set the team record for winning percentage in a season!
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is Waynesboro’s Joe Kinker, from Florida Gulf Coast. Kinker went 4-6, with three runs, two doubles, a home run, and two RBIs in the Generals’ shellacking of the Express. Kinker ends his season with a slash line of .289/.404/.438 in 121 at-bats, with nine doubles, three home runs, and 20 RBIs.
Others of Note
- Andrew Kasiski, Purcellville: 2-3, run, 2B
- Kobe Lopez, Waynesboro: 2-5, 2 runs, BB, 2 2B, HBP
- Connor Norby, Waynesboro: 3-6, 3 runs, RBI, BB, 2B
- Jack Murphy, Waynesboro: 3-4, 3 runs, 3 RBIs, 2 BB, 2B
- Carson Klepzig, Waynesboro: 2-6, run, 5 RBIs, HR
- Brad Burckel, Waynesboro: 2-3, run, RBI, 3 BB, 2 2B
Pitcher of the Day
Our pitcher of the day is pretty obvious- it’s Covington’s Trey Honts, from Dabney CC. Trey, whose hometown is Covington, threw a complete game in his Valley League debut, allowing five hits, one earned run, no walks, and struck out two. He earned the win and a game score of 75. This was a different game for sure; it lasted 88 minutes and Honts threw a total of 81 pitches. Oh- and he drove in the winning run, too.
Other of Note
- Matthew Holler, Waynesboro: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K’s, win
Tonight’s Games (Playoffs, game one)
- Winchester at Strasburg (7 p.m.)
- New Market at Woodstock (7 p.m.)
- Staunton at Waynesboro (7 p.m.)
- Covington at Charlottesville (7 p.m.)