Back at it the day after the All-Star game, with five games played and one cancelled.
- New Market at Winchester PPD to Wednesday (now a doubleheader)- It rained so hard in Winchester that the dugouts filled up with water.
- Covington 3, Harrisonburg (Game 1)
- Harrisonburg 2, Covington 1 (Game 2)
- Purcellville 2, Woodstock 1
- Waynesboro 15, Staunton 7
- Front Royal 14, Strasburg 13- Cardinals scored eight in the eighth inning to shock the Express.
Hitter of the Day
Today it’s Strasburg’s Graham Brown, from Potomac State, on his way to Coastal Carolina! Brown went 3-3 last night, with three runs scored, a walk, home run, stolen base, and four RBIs. He’s 8-19 so far this summer, with a slashline of .421/.542/.842.
Others of Note
- Carson Ford, Woodstock: 0-1, three walks
- Will Portera, Purcellville: 1-3, run, RBI, two walks
- Alonzo Rubalcaba, Waynesboro: 2-3, two runs, RBI, two walks
- Stephen Wilmer, Waynesboro: 1-2, two runs, three RBIs, home run
- Alejandro Figueredo, Waynesboro: 1-3, run, two walks, stolen base
- Kyle Murphy, Waynesboro: 0-3, run, three walks
- Brandon Pimentel, Waynesboro: 2-5, run, two RBIs, walk
- Bren Taylor, Staunton: 2-4, walk, stolen base
- Adarius Myers, Front Royal: 2-4, two runs, RBI, walk, HBP
- Ben Brantley, Front Royal: 3-6, two runs, three RBIs, double
- Clayton Mehlbauer, Front Royal: 2-5, two runs, two RBIs, home run
- Ryan Galanie, Strasburg: 2-3, run, two RBIs
- Chad Fairey, Strasburg: 1-4, two runs, three RBIs, home run
- Zach Ketterman, Strasburg: 2-3, four runs, two walks, double
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day is Purcellville’s Logan Walters, from Memphis, who fired eight outstanding innings against Woodstock. Walters finished with eight innings, six hits, one run, three walks, and 11 strikeouts. That would come out to a 74 game score. On the summer, Walters is 1-2, 4.84, with 32 K’s in 26 innings. He was also a top pitcher in the 2019 VBL season, also for Winchester.
Others of Note
- Gant Starling, Covington: Two innings, one hit, no runs, no walks, two K’s
- William Carter, Harrisonburg: 6 1/3 innings, five hits, one run, two walks, four K’s, win
- Victor Loa, Covington: Seven innings, five hits, two runs, one walk, five K’s, loss
- Nicholas Regalado, Woodstock: Six innings, two hits, one run, six walks, nine K’s
- Mason Miller, Waynesboro: Five innings, three hits, two runs, three walks, seven K’s, win
- Josh Emerson, Staunton: Three innings, two hits, no runs, three walks, two K’s
- Winchester at Purcellville 7 PM
- Charlottesville at Waynesboro 7 PM
- Covington at Staunton 7:30 PM
- Strasburg at New Market 7:30 PM