- Purcellville 7, Front Royal 1: The Cannons got a great start from Brooks Caple, and Justin Acal had quite the VBL debut, reaching base three times and accounting for four runs. Purcellville is now 4-7; Front Royal falls to 3-6.
- Woodstock 4, Winchester 1: Jalen Buster doubled in two runs to break a 1-1 tie in the fourth, and three Bandit pitchers held the mighty Royal lineup in check. Bandits are 7-4; Royals fall to 6-6.
- Harrisonburg 4, Staunton 3: Christian Ficca hit a three-run home run in the third inning, and the bullpen just hung on to win this one. John Bufford threw an excellent game for the Turks as well. Harrisonburg is 6-4; Staunton falls to 4-7.
- Charlottesvile 10, Waynesboro 7: Nicholas Ericsson singled home Logan Amiss in the top of the 9th to break a 7-7 tie, and Charlottesville went on to tack on two more runs to win this one. There were a combined ten hit-by-pitches! Charlottesville scored in six of its nine innings, and are now 4-5. Waynesboro falls to 5-5.
- New Market 10, Strasburg 3: NM scored five in the first, which proved to be enough. Khi Holiday scored four by himself, by the way, and was on base five times. New Market is now 6-4; Strasburg falls to 8-3.
Hitter of the Day
As mentioned above, Harrisonburg’s Christian Ficca had a big game for the Turks, going 2-3, with a run, double, home run, and three RBIs. A sophomore from Georgetown, Ficca is now 7-31 on the season with two home runs.
Others of Note
- Jo Jo Jackson, Front Royal: 3-4
- Henry Novicki, Front Royal: 1-2, run, two walks
- Justin Acal, Purcellville: 2-3, two runs, three RBIs, HBP, home run
- Jacoby Long, Woodstock: 2-4, walk, double
- Seaver King, Harrisonburg: 3-4, two runs, triple
- Logan Amiss, Charlottesville: 1-2, two runs, RBI, three walks
- Kyle Edwards, Charlottesville: 3-5, run, two RBIs, double, triple, stolen base
- Tanner Garrison, Waynesboro: 3-3, run, RBI, two HBP
- Victor Castillo, Waynesboro: 2-3, three RBIs, HBP
- Tyler Borges, Waynesboro: 1-3, two runs, two walks
- Khi Holiday, New Market: 1-1, four runs, three walks, HBP, two stolen bases
- Peyton Parker, New Market: 3-4, three runs, two RBIs, two doubles, HBP
- Hunter Sute, New Market: 2-4, run, three RBIs, walk, stolen base
Pitcher of the Day
Woodstock’s Tyler Wilkinson had the best game score last night, 62, by throwing six effective innings and allowing four hits, one run, no walks, and striking out two. This was Wilkinson’s first start- he had previously appeared in four games out of the bullpen. He’s now 1-2, 1.92 in 14 innings with nine strikeouts. He’s from West Virginia Tech.
Others of Note
- Bryce Fisher, Front Royal: Five innings, four hits, one run, three walks, five K’s, loss (Game Score: 57)
- Brooks Caple, Purcellville: Five shutout innings, seven hits, two walks, three K’s, win (GS: 54)
- DJ Burke, Purcellville: Two shutout innings, three hits, no walks, two K’s
- Stephen Pena, Woodstock: Two innings, no hits, no runs, one walk, three K’s
- Jerrod Jenkins, Winchester: 2 2/3 innings, no hits, one unearned run, one walk, four K’s
- Ryan Cook, Staunton: 2 1/3 innings, one hit, no runs, two walks, one K
- John Bufford, Harrisonburg: Four innings, one hit, no runs, three walks, three K’s (GS: 60)
- Brian Valigosky, New Market: Three innings, two hits, no runs, no walks, three K’s, win
- New Market (Johnson) at Front Royal (Warunek), 7 PM
- Woodstock (Gordon) at Strasburg (Fix), 7 PM
- Covington (Webb) at Waynesboro (Toro), 7 PM
- Staunton (Knowles) at Charlottesville (Olsen), 7 PM