We had all five games played this day!
- Front Royal 9, Woodstock 5: The Cardinal lineup erupted for 17 hits and nine runs, including two in the eighth and three in the ninth to upend the Bandits. Trent Jeffcoat is back to raking, just like he did for most of the summer of 2021. Front Royal is now 5-6; Woodstock falls to 8-5.
- Charlottesville 10, Harrisonburg 8: Down 7-5 going into the eighth, the Charlottesville lineup put up a five-spot to win this one. Cole Wagner drove in two with a single, and John Newton followed with a two-run home run. Both teams are now 6-5.
- Strasburg 10, New Market 4: The Express scored six in the fifth inning, with the big blow being a Garrett McMillan grand slam. Strasburg is 9-4; New Market is 6-6.
- Winchester 6, Purcellville 4: Oddly, these two teams managed to score in only two half innings; Royals scored six in the third and the Cannons scored all four of their runs in the sixth. Winchester is 7-6; Purcellville is 4-8.
- Covington 14, Staunton 4: Thanks to 17 hits, eight walks, and five errors, the Lumberjacks walloped Staunton to go to 4-6. Staunton is 4-9.
Hitter of the Day
The hitter of the day is Covington’s Michael Pavelchak, from Post University, who went 4-5, with three runs scored, a walk, and two stolen bases. Five times on base will very often lead to this award! This was Pavelchak’s fourth game of the summer, and he has been on base in all four of them so far.
Others of Note
- Trent Jeffcoat, Front Royal: 3-4, two runs, two RBIs, walk, double
- Drew Camp, Front Royal: 3-5, run
- Henry Novicki, Front Royal: 2-3, two RBIs, walk
- Broedy Poppell, Front Royal: 2-3, two runs, walk, stolen base
- Frankie Ritter, Woodstock: 3-4, run, two RBIs, triple, stolen base
- Jaylon Lee, Harrisonburg: 2-4, run, RBI, home run, HBP
- Bradley Bott, Harrisonburg: 1-3, run, RBI, two walks
- Trey Yunger, Charlottesville: 1-4, run, three RBIs, walk
- Logan Amiss, Charlottesville: 3-3, run, RBI, walk, double
- Cole Wagner, Charlottesville: 2-5, run, three RBIs, double
- John Newton, Charlottesville: 2-5, two runs, two RBIs, home run
- Garrett Spikes, Charlottesville: 3-5, run, two doubles
- Brody Moss, Charlottesville: 0-1, two runs, three walks
- Ty Hooks, Strasburg: 0-2, two runs, three walks
- Garrett McMillan, Strasburg: 1-3, grand slam, walk
- Bear Madliak, Purcellville: 2-3, two walks
- Brady Drawbaugh, Purcellville: 2-4, run, walk
- Jose Aquino, Purcellville: 0-1, run, RBI, three walks
- Chayce Bryant, Winchester: 2-4, run, two RBIs, double, triple
- Bradke Lohry, Covington: 3-6, two runs, stolen base
- Cole Ketzner, Covington: 2-4, three runs, RBI, two walks, triple
- Andrew Bennett, Staunton: 2-4, walk
- John Siebert, Staunton: 2-4, run, walk
- Joe Delossantos, Staunton: 2-4, run, RBI, walk, double, stolen base
- Justin Breen, Covington: 1-4, two runs, RBI, two walks
- Cooper George, Covington: 3-6, two runs, two RBIs, double
Pitcher of the Day
The pitcher of the day is Purcellville’s Tyler Muscar, who fired 4 2/3 of shutout relief, allowing only two hits and two walks, while striking out five. This equals a game score of 63. Muscar gave up two runs in his first appearance this summer, but has to date thrown 9 2/3 straight shutout innings. For the summer, he’s 0-0, 1.50 in 12 innings. He’s allowed only three hits and seven walks, and has struck out 20. Pretty impressive… and he grew up pretty close to Purcellville, too.
Others of Note
- Alex Sachais, Front Royal: 3 1/3 innings, two hits, no runs, no walks, five K’s, win
- Matthew Gainer, Harrisonburg: 4 1/3 innings, five hits, one run, one walk, three K’s
- Robert Kelley, Strasburg: Five innings, four hits, two runs, two walks, three K’s, win (GS: 52)
- Zachary Mallia, Strasburg: Two innings, no hits, no runs, two walks, four K’s
- David Warren, Winchester: Five innings, five hits, no runs, two walks, five K’s, win (GS: 60)- A strong #2 for POD
- Jack Carver, Covington: Four innings, three hits, one unearned run, three walks, seven K’s, save
- Woodstock (Faivre) at Front Royal (Greenleaf), 7 PM
- Harrisonburg (TBD) at Covington (Lowder), 7 PM
- Strasburg (Wakeman) at Purcellville (Vogatsky), 7 PM
- Staunton (Payne) at Waynesboro (Chittum), 7 PM
- Winchester (Cohen) at New Market (Deaton), 7:30 PM