Just the one game played yesterday- the Generals at Charlottesville… and if we wanted “normal,” well, this wasn’t it!
Charlottesville 17, Waynesboro 4 (7 innings): Well then. Charlottesville, after already scoring three in the first and two in the second, scored nine runs after there were two outs in that second inning, running away with this one.
Hitter of the Day
It’s pretty clearly Satchell Norman, from Florida Southwestern, who went 4-5, with four runs, two doubles, a home run, and four RBIs. In terms of total bases (9), this performance is in the top five of the entire summer. Norman is now hitting .344/.470/.531 in 64 at-bats, with 16 runs scored, six doubles, two home runs, 14 RBIs, seven stolen bases, and a solid 13/7 BB/K ratio. Of course, we shouldn’t be surprised, as Norman hit .376/.465/.667 in 165 at-bats this spring, with 16 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs, and 25/24 BB/K.
Others of Note
- Joseph Sullivan, Waynesboro: 0-1, run, three walks, stolen base
- Christian Martin, Charlottesville: 2-3, three runs, four RBIs, HBP, home run
- Cole Wagner, Charlottesville: 3-4, two runs, three RBIs, double, HBP
- Nicolas Ericsson, Charlottesville: 1-2, two runs, two RBIs, two walks
Pitcher of the Day
Charlottesville’s winning pitcher, Chandler Marsh, grabs the award today. The big righthander from Georgia threw three innings in relief, allowing one hit and one run, while walking and striking out three. This was his fourth game this summer; he’s 1-0, 4.00 in nine innings with 13 strikeouts. Marsh threw really well as a freshman in the SEC, going 4-1, 3.74, with 44 strikeouts in 33 2/3 innings pitched.
- Front Royal (Cossa) at Woodstock (Gordon), 7 PM
- Staunton (Cook) at Waynesboro (Price), 7 PM
- New Market (Bautista) at Purcellville (Byers), 7 PM
- Covington (Eischen) at Charlottesville (TBD), 7 PM
- Winchester (Maresco) at Strasburg (Ursitti), 7 PM