The Auburn Tigers are 13-5 at this very moment, heading into their second game of the week against Ole Miss. The team’s success is at least partly due to some former Valley Leaguers- let’s take a look!
- Sonny DiChiara (Strasburg 2019) is hitting .465/.607/.1.047 in 43 at-bats, with 17 runs scored, seven doubles, six home runs, 14 RBIs, and 13 walks against five strikeouts. What a start! A transfer from Samford, DiChiara was a top hitter in the 2019 summer.
- Ryan Dyal (Charlottesville 2021) is slashing .288/.429/.559 in 59 at-bats, with 20 runs, 23 RBIs, four doubles, four home runs, and 9/18 BB/K.
- Jake Wyandt (Purcellville 2019) is showing up on twitter all over the place gunning down would-be base stealers, and is hitting .250/.333/.361 in 36 at-bats, with seven runs, 12 RBIs, and one double and home run.
- Cole Foster (Charlottesville 2021) is hitting .240/.406/.340 in 50 at-bats, with two doubles and one home run.
- Nate LaRue (Strasburg 2021) is 4-15 at the plate, and has struck out four batters in 3 2/3 innings as well.
- Trace Bright (Charlottesville 2021) has been lights-out on the mound; he’s 2-0, 1.17 in 23 innings, with only 12 hits, eight walks, and 23 K’s.
- Carson Skipper (Charlottesville 2019) has pitched in five games, all in relief; he’s 1-0, 1.65 in 16 1/3 innings, with 14 hits, three walks, and 16 K’s.